- $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
The Cost Accountant is responsible for product quotations preparation, reviewing and analyzing bill of materials, routings and standard costs, preparing month end-entries and other reporting requirements
· Daily Quote preparation for various custom-made products
· Perform cost roll-ups and maintain spreadsheets to calculate costs for inventory valuation
· Calculate costs for common products price lists
· On-going review of Bill of Materials and Routings for manufactured items to ensure that costs are accurate
· Prepare journal entries and compile data for month-end financial statements
· Analyze monthly transactions and prepare detailed analysis for various reports and summaries
· Coordinate and assist in physical inventories at various company locations as needed
· Compile data for the corporate budget, forecast and financial statement packages
· Assist with external financial audits
· Drive improvements in the systems related to inventory
· All other duties as assigned.
· Personal Computer
· General Office Equipment
· Accounting Software
· Advanced excel skills (to include pivot tables and v lookups)
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
2-5 years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be able to work in a fast-paced accounting environment
Supervision of Others:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
SLI is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.