NOW HIRING! Matchbox Short Pump - Server
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Server (Matchbox Short Pump)
Job Location Matchbox Short Pump - Richmond, VA
Position Type Full-Time/Part-Time
Education Level High School
The Servers role is to provide exemplary service for our guests in accordance with Matchbox quality control and service standards. The Server is a hospitality professional who is warm, genuine, and engaging, as well as efficient and accurate to ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greets and takes orders from guests or servers in accordance with Matchbox timing, recipe, and service standards, which requires standing and walking behind the bar throughout the duration of shift and may include writing orders.
- Delivers drinks and food to guests and maintains tables, which requires reaching, bending, stooping, lifting, standing, walking and working with cleaning agents throughout the duration of the shift.
- Interacts with guests to ensure they feel welcomed and cared for throughout their visit. Actively seeks to build relationships and establish clientele.
- Follows opening and closing procedures/checklists.
- Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory.
- Rings in orders into point of sale system.
- Collects payment for food and drinks served and accurately processes payment and/or makes change using prescribed cash handling procedures.
- Cleans and maintains an organized work area, which may require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Cards all guests that appear to be under the legal drinking age and refuses to serve alcohol to minors.
- Makes sure that all drinks are removed from tables by the state's legal time.
- Completes side-work tasks as assigned.
- Strives to hit sales goals as assigned by the general manager.
- Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance with local government standards.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in high-volume, upscale casual dining or an equivalent service environment; previous server experience highly desirable
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day preferred
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must be of legal age to prepare, serve, and ring alcoholic beverages
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and some holidays
- Certified in (or able to be certified in) responsible alcohol service (as required by state or local law)
- High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
- Able to perform essential functions and demonstrate competencies to company standards with reasonable accommodation
- Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location (verbal and written)