Line Cooks Wanted
- $12.50 - $17.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Line Cooks, Prep Cooks & BOH Entry Team Members Wanted!
Join our growing team today!
Cali Comfort BBQ is seeking new part-time and full-time team members and leaders for the Line Cook, Prep Cook & Dishwasher positions. If you are self-motivated and look to grow with an expanding company, this might be the opportunity for you! We are a high volume Sports Bar and BBQ Restaurant that is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and catering.
Due to the high volume of applicants, please do not contact the restaurant regarding the status of your application. If you have been selected for a follow up interview you will be contacted.
Se habla Espanol.
JOB REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW:
Prep Cook & Dishwasher Position Summary:
Looking for motivated, energetic, hard working and experienced prep cooks that are willing to start at an entry level position with opportunities for advancement. Must be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment as a team player with a willingness to learn multiple stations.
Line Cook, Prep Cook & Dishwasher Duties include but are not limited to:
* NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* ATTITUDE AND WILLINGNESS TO LEARN IS ESSENTIAL
* Knowledge of Portion Control, Food Sanitation and proper knife skills
* Washing dishes and upholding a high level of cleanliness and sanitation standards in the restaurant
* Ability to follow specific procedures and recipes for the preparation and cooking of food
* Maintains a high level of food quality and consistency
* Must have OPEN availability and willing to work weekends and Holidays
* Must be trustworthy, detail oriented and friendly
* Loves to work with others and prides themselves on service and hospitality
*Ability to follow managerial direction
At Cali Comfort BBQ in the heart of Spring Valley, we barbecue all of our meats in our Ole Hickory Smoker with select cooking woods after they have been seasoned with our specialty Cali Dry Rub. Passionate about remaining true to barbecue tradition, we have developed our menus for our Low -N- Slow Cali BBQ Restaurant and Catering Events to offer only the highest quality barbecue in San Diego. Since we smoke the traditional way, “low-n-slow” there are times that we run out due to increased cravings for great tasting barbecue. We know that those of you who understand the true art of barbecue realize that once we are out, we are out. We cannot smoke up another batch of great tasting BBQ until the next day. A general rule of thumb for our smoked meats are as follows:
- Pulled Pork – 14 Hours
- Brisket – 13 Hours
- Pork Ribs – 6 Hours
- Chicken – 4 Hours
- Tri-Tip – 2 Hours
Check out our YouTube videos by searching: Cali Comfort BBQ!