Part-Time Sales Associate
- $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Birdwell Beach Britches is looking for a part-time Sales Associate to join our Manhattan Beach retail flagship sales team. Success requires an enthusiastic understanding of our customers, our product, our brand, and a passion for visual merchandising.
The Seasonal Sales Associate is responsible for completing the full range of customer service tasks including, but not limited to, greeting customers and identifying their needs, recommending items that meet their needs, and completing the sale. The role is also responsible for the visual presentation of the store, basic store operations, and maintaining a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction.
The right candidate will have a strong customer service background, proven ability to prioritize and delegate, and a passion for working in a fast-paced, startup environment. The right candidate can expect to work 16-24 hours a week. Weekend availability is required.
- Partner with leadership and team members to drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Directly accountable for customer service, sales, and the visual presentation of the store.
- Establish a store-wide culture of customer success and customer feedback loop.
- Routinely audit the store to ensure that the visual presentation meets and exceeds company expectations.
- Reports directly to the Retail Store Manager with a dotted line to the Head of Retail & Wholesale Operations.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a deep understanding of customer service, a strong empathy for customer advocacy, and a passion for growth.
- 3+ years of customer and sales experience.
- Familiar with E-commerce channels including but not limited to Shopify.
- Familiar with social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office, including a basic understanding of MS Excel.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well organized and resilient to ever-changing timelines requests, and deliverables.
- Must effectively provide and receive excellent constructive criticism, enjoying all aspects of the customer service process.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement.
Founded in 1961 and based in Santa Ana, California, Birdwell Beach Britches was one of the first businesses specializing in surf apparel. We are a company built on a 55-year dedication to craft, purpose, and quality. Our mission is to continue Birdwell’s Southern California tradition making purpose-built apparel and accessories, designed for life at the beach and built by hand to endure no matter where the journey leads. We believe inspiring people to buy less stuff, by buying better stuff is a noble pursuit.
- Be part of a lean, agile, and motivated team bringing an iconic brand with a 55-year legacy in the surf apparel industry into the digital age.
- Work with some of the best minds in digital marketing, design, and apparel manufacturing.
- Driven company culture focused on maintaining the balance between professional performance and personally pursuing a life well lived.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.