- $14.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Sales Associate - Part Time
Birdwell Beach Britches is looking for a part-time, sales-minded individual to join our Retail Store team in Downtown Manhattan Beach. Success requires an enthusiastic understanding of our customers, our product, our brand, visual merchandising, and our technology platform capabilities and results in creating long term customer satisfaction/relationships and revenue growth.
The right candidate will have a strong customer service background, proven ability to prioritize, an eye for retail merchandising/display, and a passion for working in a fast-paced, sales-driven environment.
- The Sales Associate serves as the initial point of contact for all customer requests and questions at the Birdwell retail store.
- Combine product knowledge and expertise with customer service/sales skills to answer questions, make product recommendations and secure sales.
- Partner with leadership and team members to drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with our customers on behalf of the company by taking personal and complete responsibility for each customer.
- Develop and execute initiatives to increase customer satisfaction and revenue.
- Identify patterns and report customer feedback.
- Reports directly to the Retail Supervisor with a dotted line to the Director of Operations.
- 1+ years of customer service and/or sales experience required.
- Visual merchandising experience strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate is a tech-savvy self-starter with a deep understanding of customer service, strong empathy for customer advocacy, and a passion for growth.
- Must have above average written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle stressful situations with a professional and calm demeanor.
- Familiar with E-commerce channels including but not limited to Shopify, Amazon, etc.
- Familiar with social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office, including a basic understanding of MS Excel.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well organized and able to communicate within multiple portals.
- Must effectively provide and receive excellent constructive criticism, enjoying all aspects of the customer service and sales processes.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
Founded in 1961 and based in Santa Ana, California, Birdwell Beach Britches was one of the first businesses specializing in surf apparel. We are a company built on a 55-year dedication to craft, purpose, and quality. Our mission is to continue Birdwell’s Southern California tradition making purpose-built apparel and accessories, designed for life at the beach and built by hand to endure no matter where the journey leads. We believe in inspiring people to buy less stuff, by buying better stuff is a noble pursuit.
- Be part of a lean, agile, and motivated team bringing an iconic brand with a 55-year legacy in the surf apparel industry into the digital age.
- Work with some of the best minds in retail, digital marketing, design, and apparel manufacturing.
- Driven company culture focused on maintaining the balance between professional performance and personally pursuing a life well lived.
- Competitive comp, semi-annual performance bonuses.
- 40 hours PTO + 8 paid holidays.
Please submit resume and pay rate desired when responding to this ad.