- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
As a Buyer you will develop, assort and manage a well developed footwear business by having a clear understand of store and customer needs. Buying decisions will be based on data, product selection, price-points, inventory levels, and merchandise presentation. You will interact with vendors, place weekly fill in orders, future orders, manage special orders, and revise future orders based on the needs of the business. You will lead training and product education sessions for staff to enhance sales and overall product knowledge, and also communicate drop dates, selling points, product launches and sales numbers. Within the scope of this position, contribute to Fleet Feet's overall position as the leader in running stores in the thriving Pittsburgh running community.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of retail experience with demonstrated in-depth knowledge of retail analytical techniques and merchandising methodologies
- Assertive self-starter, detail-oriented, and deadline driven
- Excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Collaborative and customer-centric
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and direct others
- Action oriented, level-headed, and consistent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Support all Fleet Feet initiatives, activities, and functions
- Previous buying experience a plus
- High energy atmosphere
- Training and advancement opportunities within the Fleet Feet brand
- Community involvement and community service activities
- Training Program, Race entries, and Product discounts
- Passionate team members
Want to join our Team?
Are you looking to turn your passion into your career, work with like-minded people in a fast-paced, fun and customer-centric environment? Then we want you!
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.