- $0.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
General Manager – Restaurant
Overview: The General Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the restaurant. This includes duties, such as operations excellence, guest satisfaction, employee relations, financials, etc. The role of the General Manager is vital to the success of the store’s profitability and growth.
- Controls the overall quality and profitability of the restaurant.
- Ensures that all employee and systems function efficiently.
- Works with both the front of the house and the back of the house employees.
- Ensures that guests are satisfied.
- Must be able to deal with guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be able to deal with employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Helps the business achieve budgeted profit levels.
- Maintains employee morale.
- Organizes and maintains records.
- Hires and trains employees.
- Recruits employees to meet staffing needs and improve unit performance.
- Motivates employees to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness for quality guest service.
- Schedules and assigns duties to employees.
- Coaches employees who are not meeting company policies and/or standards and rewards employees who perform above and beyond those standards.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Supervises all employees in every phase of guest service.
- Investigates and resolves complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Keeps operating costs within the budget.
- Responsible for the receipt, safekeeping, daily deposit, disbursement and accountability of restaurant funds.
- Communicates maintenance needs to the Maintenance Department.
- Estimates food and beverage costs; works with management team on efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Supervises portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Performs frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
- Hospitable to both external and internal guests.
- Remains positive and calm under all circumstances.
- Maintains a professional appearance and presentation.
- Progressive management experience in a full-service restaurant.
- Strong supervisory, leadership, coaching and team building skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload in a deadline-driven and demanding environment.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of POS, inventory, cost control and social media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers, employees, peers, and supervisors.