Shelter Security Personnel
- $13.50 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Shelter Security Personnel:
PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
- Our Security personnel will help create and maintain a safe and secure shelter environment for shelter residents, staff, and visitors by ensuring compliance of shelter rules by all onsite individuals.
You will patrol the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of shelter’s doors and gates.
- Monitor and authorize the entrance and departure of shelter residents, visitors, and employees to guard against theft and to maintain a safe environment.
- Screen shelter residents prior to allowing them onsite, in an effort to prevent contraband from being brought onto the premises.
- You’ll contact proper authorities in cases of emergencies, such as fire and/or presence of unauthorized persons on shelter premises.
- Coordinate and monitor daily shower process and clean-up.
- Coordinate and monitor the serving and clean-up of on-site meals.
- You will inform residents of violations of shelter rules or policies, and document on client’s file.
- You’ll generate incident reports for all incidents, including those involving staff, residents or visitors as appropriate.
- Conduct search of resident property/ belongings prior to granting access to site.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work within a diverse population.
- Ability to stand or walk up to 8 hours per shift.
- Ability to lift 15lbs or more.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to perform all aspects of the job description both mentally and physically, as well as other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.