PT/FT EXPERIENCED PASTRY CHEF/BAKER
- $16.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
fonuts is expanding and we are looking for bakers who are wanting to grow with our fast growing company.
Are you passionate about baking?...specifically gourmet baked donuts using gluten free and vegan recipes and all natural ingredients? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow with a successful local brand that is poised to expand very quickly in the next few years? If so, you just might be the newest member of our fōnuts family!
fonuts is the unique bakery where you will find the original baked, never fried, donut that comes in gluten free and vegan varieties, served with a healthy dose of kindness along with coffee from local roaster LAMill. We are family owned and operated, and we value all of our team members as part of our fōnuts family.
Our current needs are for a baker. As we quickly expand in the near future, there will be plenty of room for advancement for a motivated individual. Perhaps you see yourself one day as a manger, or a baker, or maybe you have your sights on marketing? These duties and more will need filling soon, and we always prefer to promote from within.
• Act with integrity, honesty and kindness as the key values of fonuts.
• Maintain positivity and enthusiasm at all times
• Work well with fellow employees
• Convey clear knowledge of bakery principles and practices
• Floor mixer operation
• Commercial oven operation
• Calculate production needs based on daily orders
• Consistently produce premium quality baked goods
• Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines
• Leave kitchen in thoroughly clean condition at end of each shift
• CA food handler's certificate is required
• At least 2 years baking experience in a commercial kitchen.
• Ability to learn quickly
• Can follow recipes by weight
• Experienced at piping batters and using a pastry bag.
• Basic pastry experience
• Works efficiently and cleanly
• Punctuality and cleanliness
• English language verbal and written communication skills
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work well with a team
• Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
• Flexible with the ability to multi-task in a sometimes highly demanding and stressful environment
• Must be 18 years or older