- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Socalo is a growing company with a small, tight knit group of dedicated individuals that are passionate about food, beverage, and service. We are looking for a dedicated, organized cashier who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. Due to staffing needs, the cashier is expected to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Above all, the cashier will conduct themselves in a way reflecting the culture and philosophy of Socalo.
As one of the first points of contact at the restaurant, the main goal of the cashier will be to provide excellent customer service. You will also be responsible for taking orders, handling cash, giving change, packaging orders and general tidying of the point of sale area. The ideal candidate is friendly and has excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Welcome customers and help determine their orders.
- Process customer orders and record them in the restaurant database.
- Relay customers’ orders to the kitchen staff.
- Ensure all orders are delivered to the customers in a timely manner.
- Accept cash and return the correct change.
- Tally money in the cash drawer at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Place food orders in the appropriate bags and boxes.
- Respond to customer inquiries, issue receipts, and record customer suggestions.
- Clean and arrange eating, service, and kitchen spaces.
- Help kitchen staff when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience in a customer service role is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Good mathematical skills.