Counter Attendant (Food Service)
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Those working counter attendant jobs are required to handle food and beverages throughout their shifts. Often these items are ready made or easy to assemble. To be a successful counter attendant, you'll need to be able to take orders from customers and deliver them back to the customers accurately. Counter attendants are required to stand on their feet for their entire shift and occasionally lift heavy boxes, so being physically able to complete these aspects of the job is necessary. This job is ideal for individuals with a strong commitment to customer service and for those who have a positive and upbeat demeanor.
- Ability to take and fill orders while delivering prompt and courteous food and beverage service.
- Maintain sanitation of the dining area including floors, tables, ledges and counters.
- Must stock and rotate food and beverage products.
- Maintain awareness with menu and special items
- Use manual and/or electric appliances to create drinks such as coffee, cappuccino, fruit juices and smoothies.
- Accurately record orders to the guests’ specifications.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Remove trash and clean garbage containers.
- Food preparation to include pizzas, salads and sandwiches knowledge
- Stock rotation and the restocking of items
- Ring up all transactions in the on the Micros computer system.
- Assist in monthly inventories
- Prepare requisitions when items begin to run low or run out.
- ABC Card Required for This Position
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- Worked 1 to 2 years in food and beverage counter or cashier operation
- Barista experience a plus
- Moderate understand of MICROS or similar POS system and receiving payment.
- understanding all aspects of kitchen operations.
- must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, and early or late hours when necessary.
- Attendance: Adheres to established schedule of work hours. Follows established procedures for early notification to supervisor when unable to report to work.
- Punctuality: Arrives to work at scheduled times and works until authorized to
- Attends all mandatory education/in-service programs and demonstrates understanding of responsibilities through appropriate actions.
- Demonstrates effective communication by utilizing positive verbal and non-verbal skills in all interactions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and extra hours when needed.
- Demonstrates adherence to the resort’s safe practice procedures and makes recommendations to improve safety. Reports any unsafe work practice to supervisor.
- utilizes proper body mechanics in performance of responsibilities, as evidenced by supervisor’s observation and no injury to self or others due to improper work habits.
- Follows proper reporting procedures when injured at work. Is aware of the location of material safety data sheets and refers to them when necessary.
- Always acts in a manner that is in keeping with all local, state & governmental codes and laws and maintains the highest standards of health, sanitation, and cleanliness
We are a service focused and design forward collection of hotels deeply immersed in our communities through authentic hospitality, inclusion and education.
We encourage people to be themselves and create honest, genuine and thoughtful experiences
We are passionate about our role within the local community through; education, employment, charity and community partnerships.
We create a warm neighborhood place where everyone is welcome.
We are daring, we are fun and we are committed to making our industry better.