NOW HIRING! PREP COOKS! The Delegate
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Prep Cooks role is to prepare product in accordance with recipes and specs. The Prep Cook is a culinary professional who works with precision and speed to ensure an extraordinary guest
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
▪ Prepares food items, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
▪ Reads a prep list and preps items as assigned.
▪ Properly measures and assembles ingredients required for preparing the standard recipes.
▪ Cuts and/or portions meat, fish and poultry.
▪ May use a slicer.
▪ Accepts or rejects ingredients based on quality and quantity.
▪ Cleans, organizes, stocks, and maintains work area, walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area, which may include bending, reaching, stooping, lifting, and working with cleaning agents.
▪ Rinses and cuts raw food products.
▪ Cooks on open flame stove and moves food in/out of industrial ovens.
▪ May be exposed to allergens such as nuts, seeds, soy, shellfish, and dairy.
▪ Tastes, smells, and views food to ensure adherence to quality standards.
▪ A minimum of 6 months experience in high volume restaurant
▪ High school diploma (or equivalent) encouraged
▪ Certification in food safety and sanitation a plus
▪ Able to follow recipes and instructions, including making conversions
▪ Knowledge of food safety, sanitation and proper handling procedures
▪ Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of breakfast shifts, weekends and some
▪ Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
▪ High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile, yet small space environment
▪ Able to stand, kneel, bend, and walk for up to 8 hours per day
▪ Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
▪ Able to withstand temperatures up to 105 degrees
▪ Able to communicate and understand the primary language of the work location
▪ Ability to perform essential functions to company standards with reasonable accommodation
We are always looking for great people because we know great people are the key to all that we do! If you’re looking for your next great opportunity, don’t look any further.