Assistant General Manager
Conservatory West Hollywood West Hollywood, CA
- $65K - $80K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
As the AGM your duties will be but not limited to to:
- Serve as the primary FOH manager of the restaurant in the absence of the General Manager, helping to coordinate the activities of all dining room employees in successfully meeting all their functions and in providing customers with an exceptional dining experience.
- Open and/or close the restaurant, including the supervision and management of any opening and/or closing duties.
- Ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of the entire area of the restaurant at all times.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment through hiring/selection of employees, maximizing productivity and morale while still providing direction and guidance in completing required tasks as may be reasonable or necessary to address immediate needs.
- Assist with managing schedules (on-duty/off- duty) to ensure consistent attendance that meets appropriate staffing needs, while promoting profitably by taking staff off-duty when not needed.
- Assist in the successful training, development, and motivation of staff in meeting and exceeding expectations for their respective role.
- Understand supervised employee positions well enough to perform the duties in an employee's absence and/or to assign and direct another employee in fulfilling such tasks on an interim basis.
- Ensure that all FOH employees are carrying out their functions in accordance with all legal standards and regulations.
- Ensure that employees follow the company standards, policies, and strategies.
- Guarantees state and company compliance, including but not limited to safety & sanitation standards, purchasing programs and ownership requirements. Ability to manage these programs independently to company standard.
- Assist the GM in leading the restaurant`s team, proactively addressing liability, risk, and compliance opportunities.
- Actively participates and assists in inventory assessment and management, in cooperation with Office and Events Manager.
- Attend and positively and productively participate in all management team and staff meetings.
- Support both front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house in all business aspects.
- Interact with guests, on occasion, to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
- Assist in developing labor budgets to support the business.
- Coordinate with General Manager in planning short and long-term projects, budgets, expense controls, schedules, and manpower.