- $14.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Otaku Group seeks teammates at Bar Otaku and Otaku Ramen in the Gulch! The Otaku teams are fun, energetic, and tight knit. During service, we rock out, serve amazing food and have a great time doing it. Hard work and fun go together at Otaku restaurants.
Who are WE:
Yes, we’re here to serve amazing food to the fantastic people from and visiting Nashville (that’s a given!). But the name says it all: Otaku can be translated to obsessed and that’s what we are. Obsessed with our food and our team and our drinks and the cheeky, cool, edgy spaces we work in every day. We’re not your typical new concept - our soul is in the beat and drive and interest in our food and concepts that drive our happy customers in every day. Our team thrives on that energy and we want to bring in more people that fit that vibe!
Who are YOU:
We’re looking to bring on people that understand the value of creating a great experience- for the customer and for your coworkers and teammates. You are driven and thrive in high volume, kinetic energy places that bring in some of the most fantastic people in our amazing city. You think quickly, act appropriately and are always aware of what’s going on.
- Our cooks are vital to the success of the team. Your job is to be a valuable, hard working, high quality producing member of the Back of House team under the direction of the OTAKU GROUP Chef team led by Chef owner Sarah Gavigan. Your daily duties to pre, cook and deliver food to specification while maintaining the OTAKU standards.
- We require strong communication in a very fast paced environment. Get ready, our shifts ROCK OUT
- EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE are not required but very welcome. Pride in your work is required.
The Otaku Group was founded in 2012 when Sarah Gavigan decided to teach herself how to make Japanese Ramen and serve it to Nashville. From a pop-up to 3 brick and mortar restaurants, Otaku is a fast growing company that values pop culture, music and food as integral parts of the experience we give our guests.
The OTAKU GROUP’s mission is to serve every guest with a fun, craveable meal.
OTAKU RAMEN is the first dedicated ramen shop in Nashville with a loyal fan base that keeps us busy year around. This location rocks out lunch and dinner seven days a week.
BAR OTAKU, our newest concept is an Izakaya focused on classic Japanese soul food, sake, beer and whiskey serving dinner and late night seven days a week.
We are looking for like minded teammates. The Otaku teams are fun, energetic, and tight knit with a commitment to high standards for every dish we serve. We thrive on systems to allow for creativity.
We are the definition of “otaku”, obsessed geeks and outliers who live to serve Japanese food and culture to our guests.