Check in/Check out/Reception Specialist (REC)
- $10.00 - $13.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Looking for a respectful and professional receptionist that will be in charge of either checking in or checking out patients.
*Bilingual a plus
*Experience in healthcare (eye care) a plus
- Register patients
- Answer phone calls
- Answer patient questions about insurance
- Schedule consults for patients
- Respond to patient needs, requests, and complaints
- Collect payment from departing patients
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
HIPAA Privacy & Confidentiality Requirements
The Receptionist will have access to confidential information, both written and oral, in the course of his/her employment and job responsibilities. In order to maintain the integrity of Protected Health Information (PHI), this information is not to be disclosed to any unauthorized individuals as outlined in the Policies and Procedures of HRMD.
This job operates in a professional medical clinic and office environment. This role routinely works around medical devices and patient room equipment in addition to standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This position requires no travel.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in customer service, front desk service, or other related fields
- Exceptional customer service skills and a professional phone manner
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and practices
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.