Program Services Coordinator
- $17.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging career? Are you looking to make a difference in the world while putting your skills and training to work? Veterans Village of San Diego (VVSD) is looking for an Program Services Coordinatorsupporting the Veterans Rehabilitation Center (VRC). The Program Services Coordinator assists in enhancing recovery and mental health services delivery within the Veterans Rehabilitation Center program.
If you are highly adaptable, excel within a fast paced, deadline driven, detail oriented, work environment, and are passionate about promoting VVSD’s mission, this is the position for you! Working with our veterans takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative support to the VRC Program Director and VRC Clinical Director and staff.
- Manage VA GPD and SARRTP billing.
- Track monthly entries and exits to the VA’s Special Needs Grant.
- Oversee the VRC Program’s class schedule, client tracking materials, Resident Handbook and VRC Case Management Policies and Procedures manual.
- Assist with Board Reports (resident activities, rent, billing numbers, food stamps).
- Oversee rent payments, receipts, reporting to Finance.
- Assist with department credit card reconciliation and coding.
- Process new client intake paperwork, schedule appointments with VA Liaisons.
- Process client discharge paperwork.
- Break down and archive discharged files.
- Order office and Med Room supplies.
- Maintain daily resident stats for reporting purposes.
- Issue supplies to new clients.
- Manage confidential client records by responding to subpoenas and requests from outside agencies.
- Oversee scheduling and documentation of staff trainings, including VRC AOD and Clinical staff/interns.
- Assist with interviewing potential employees.
- Collect monthly intern volunteer hours and mileage forms, process for review by Finance.
- Coordinate and oversee intern applications and scheduling of interviews.
- Maintain a supply of Orientation packets for clinical interns.
- Make follow-up calls to discharged clients at 30 and 90 days, record and enter responses.
- Manage maintenance, service and supply orders for VRC and Office B copiers.
- Coordinate the Special Diet Meals with Neighborhood House Association.
- Oversee compliance with VRC client health information per Article 14 guidelines.
- Create and maintain staff training library of DVDs, videos, books and other resource materials used in treatment protocols and grant specific requirements.
- Volunteer Liaison for Alternative Therapy (VVSD School of Music for Recovery, Expressive Arts, Equine Assisted Therapy, Pottery, Yoga, Pet Therapy).
- Coordinate Special Projects and Training (Help-Portrait, Conflict Resolution Training, etc.)
- Minimum of one year of paid administrative assistant experience.
- Must be able to maintain client confidentiality and handle confidential client records.
- Must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the VRC and Clinical Mental Health programs.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to demonstrate good time management skills.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be computer literate and able to perform data entry in a timely manner.
- Must work well independently.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Veteran status a plus.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Seeing to read reports and data.
- Ability to speak English.
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.