- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
We are looking for an individual who can effectively manage day-to-day business endeavors, deliver impeccable service, and operational proficiency. The General Manager has the responsibility of creating, overseeing and maintaining the entire work environment, one of the most essential roles of the restaurant.
• 5+ years of restaurant management experience
• Strong service, food and beverage knowledge required
• Detail oriented, organized and professional
• High volume, fast-paced, high profile restaurant experience preferred
• Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
• Proficiency with common computer programs, and restaurant POS systems
• Excellent organizational, leadership, planning and communication skills
• Advanced understanding of restaurant operations with minimum 2+ years in a leadership role in both high volume and mom & pop environments
• Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development
• Ability to troubleshoot problems big, and small
• Thorough understanding of accounting and budgeting processes relevant to the industry
• Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel
• Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures
• Oversee the hiring, training, and development of staff including chefs, FOH, and BOH
• Organize master schedules for all staff members, and assign duties.
• Coordinate maintenance and repairs for location
• Own the P&L and adhere to budget for designated venue; drive sales and manage costs
• Manage all exempt and non-exempt staff
• Uphold company values and be a inspiring leader
• Maintain a high level of communication
• Work together with the Head Chef and Head Barista to create a positive, friendly and genuine environment for all guests and employees.
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
• Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
• Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
• Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
• Monitor budgets, payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
• Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs and followed and completed on a timely basis.
• Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, the appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
• Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
• Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies.
• Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
• Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
• Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
• Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
• Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
Interstellar is defined as: the space between two stars.
These stars represent our two cultures, Korean-American, and we identify with this space in between. Southern California is a melting pot of many different cultures and we strive to offer our guests delicious food that incorporates a variety of flavors from around the world. Our food is based on the concept of being “limitless” and bound to no specific cuisine.
Our goal is to help start off people’s day with a bright smile accompanied by awesome coffee food and wine.
This unique brunch space turns into a cozy, yet vibrant beer & wine spot at night.
We are looking for individuals who can help create a genuine, fun, positive and upbeat environment for both our team and guests. Our focus is heavily on genuine hospitality and exceptional quality.