Development Coordinator PART TIME
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Under general supervision of the Vice President of Development, the Development Coordinator is responsible for fundraising database management, as well as donor stewardship and recognition. This position also provides follow up with donors and coordinates meeting logistics, and manages the planning process for special events and projects. This individual will coordinate a variety of day-to-day development functions and other communication needs for the development department. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
The Development Coordinator must possess a thorough knowledge of computers including data entry and word processing. Experience with fundraising database software a plus. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential. Excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is necessary. Effectiveness in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, donors and community partners is critical. Excellent writing skills, and strong communication and outreach skills are required to perform the role successfully. A professional appearance is to be maintained at all times. Ability to build, maintain and manage long-term relationships with constituents and demonstrate a sustained interest in the welfare of our residents and Glencroft is vital.
- Meeting Logistics: Responsible for the scheduling of development committee meetings, special events, workshops, and inter-department meetings including confirming dates/times, availability of space, AV needs, and food choices.
- Data Management and Donation Processing: Oversees the management of Raiser’s Edge donor database; enters all donations and donor information into Raiser’s Edge; coordinates deposits with Accounting Office; manages the creation of donation acknowledgements and receipts; creates and manages end-of-year receipts for Employee Benevolent Fund and Spiritual Life Program; responsible for producing monthly Raiser’s Edge reports and for creating new appeals/campaigns/funds within Raiser’s Edge; produces all handwritten notifications (notecards) for In Honor Of and In Memory Of donations; and conducts monthly financial reconciliations and reports in conjunction with Accounting Office; responsible to send out the tax deductible receipts to donors.
- Communications: Responsible for updating and printing foundation materials and brochures; scheduling speakers for events/meetings and writing any necessary scripts; updating and printing of appeal letters and event invitations; creation of any promotional materials, flyers and posters for foundation workshops and events; write and submit blurbs for foundation events to Informer, Communicator and Channel 2; prepare materials for development meetings and events.
- Special Events and Projects: Manages the tasks and deadlines associated with the annual mailing appeal, Women’s Spring Tea, Back2School Supplies Drive, Tree of Remembrance appeal mailing, Tree of Remembrance Lighting Ceremony and foundation sponsored workshops or seminars.
- Volunteers: Responsible for recruiting, organizing, monitoring and acknowledging volunteers to assist with Development Office projects throughout the year – such as mailings, event favors, event volunteers.
- Contact Information Project: Enter contact information of all new hires into the Raiser’s Edge database. Update information as needed.
- Serves as an ambassador of goodwill to all residents, staff, co-workers and donors; cultivates relationships with potential donors, maintain relationships with current funders/donors; fields calls and personal inquiries from residents, staff, and donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.